Tuesday 16 February 2010

Update

This is my newer boat shape that looks more like my earlier concept, what do the rest of the team reckon is this better? Also what would you like at the front to hold the torch, is it going to be quite ornate or would you prefer something simple for it to be held in?
I am currently working on the water around the island, I have used an Ocean Shader and been playing around with it as well as using Softbodies. The videos will be uploaded later for you to see. I am having a bit of trouble with the reflectivity, so I will ask Alex for help on Thursday, and also try adding a few lights to see what happens.


Water Environment from Hayley Allen on Vimeo.



Otherwise, I have slightly altered Lydia's model for the fire in the main room. I have made it gold following the style of the decoration on objects in the British Museum, an also this is why there are pearls at the top.


The symbol is one that was common at the time, and I added a bit more gold as I felt it looked better this way. I have both saved, so please tell me which you all prefer. I am going to add water to the centre and give it a reflective oil like shader to make it look more realistic.





No comments:

Post a Comment